Thursday, November 02, 2006
Election Hack: Vote Early and Vote Often
BlackBoxVoting has uncovered a security flaw in voting machines that allows anyone to vote as often as they want by pressing a yellow button. Seriously.
Here is how the "Yellow Button Hack" is done:Read the rest here .
1. Go to the back of the voting machine. Press and hold the yellow activate button (about 3 seconds). Release when the screen says "waiting for next voter".
2. Press and hold the yellow button again until the screen says "change to manual activation?"
3. Touch the "Yes" button on the screen.
4. At that point there will be a message on the screen that says "Manual activate voting enabled" (this is just displayed briefly)
5. Next message will read "Waiting for the next voter" When you see that you touch the message that says "start voting" or "resume voting" located in the lower right of the screen The AVC Edge is now set up for poll worker activation mode.