Sunday, October 22, 2006
A seven step process is illustrated at Ferdous Shaon's blog. Here are the steps:
- Download Internet Explorer 7.0 from the Microsoft site. You have to choose Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) as your operating system. Remember you can’t install IE 7.0 if service pack 2.0 is not installed in your operating system.
- Extract the downloaded Internet Explorer setup file (IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe) using WinRAR to a directory (IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu).
- Download the patched iecustom.dll and then copy-paste it to the update folder (IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu\update\) and click yes when asked to overwrite.
- Run ‘update.exe’ in the update folder (not iesetup.exe!!!). At the end, you have to choose ‘exit/finish without restart’ option to finish the running process of the exe file.
- Download normaliz.dll and then copy-paste it to “c:\windows\system32\” directory (in order to prevent problems with the file not being found after the installation). And then reboot/restart your pc.
- After rebooting your pc, you may face a problem with a file called normaliz.dll that can not be found by explorer.exe. If you’re having this problem, you will find your desktop blank.(If you are not facing this problem then just go to step 7) In order to fix this problem, you have to do the following things one by one:
- Press ctrl-alt-del to go to the task manager.
- Go to “File -> Run” in the task manager.
- Type: ‘cmd’ and push enter. The command prompt window will appear.
‘copy c:\normaliz.dll c:\windows\system32\normaliz.dll’
- in the command prompt window and push enter.
- Reboot your pc and yahoo!!! now you can see your desktop contents!!!.
- Now you have to run ‘xmllitesetup.exe’ in the update folder.
- Then reboot your pc again, run Internet Explorer…and you are done!!!